Hiring an HVAC contractor can be nerve wracking and cause quite the headache. As a homeowner, you might not have a team that you trust or can call in an emergency. 2C’s Cooling & Heating offers some of the best questions to ask when seeking HVAC repair or installation service. We want to help alleviate some of the stress of choosing an HVAC contractor and get your next project done correctly the first time.
Common questions that are asked by homeowners include:
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide references?
- How much will your services and/or a unit cost?
- When can I get on your schedule?
While these are all great questions and you should absolutely ask, we want to dive in a little deeper. We are going to get into a few more in-depth questions to ask to ensure your job will be completed correctly.
1 – Are you licensed and insured?
- This is an important question to ask. Licensing provides the company with the ability to perform work for you. Being licensed is also required for a company to obtain any permits needed to complete your job. Having a contractor perform work in your home opens you up to a wide range of liability. Ensuring the company has the proper insurance protects the company, its employees, and you should an accident occur. Asking to see any licenses and insurance certificates is perfectly normal when hiring an HVAC contractor.
2 – Do you offer a written estimate?
- While this may seem like a common question, there is more to the estimate than the total cost for your job. The estimate you are provided with should include all components needed to complete your HVAC service or unit installation. This could include fittings, pipes, and valves, whether the old unit will be removed for you, any permits required, all parts and labor cost. If you have multiple estimates from multiple companies, pay close attention to the details included in each to make sure you are not comparing apples to steak instead of apples to apples.
3 – Will you inspect my whole HVAC system?
- If you are seeking repair or maintenance services, this question is very important! Most likely, only one component of your HVAC system is in need of repair or maintenance. Whether your AC unit has stopped working or your heat pump is making a funny noise, a skilled technician will not only inspect those units. You will want your entire HVAC system inspected to make sure whatever may be broken, is not affecting the rest of your system. A full inspection will also provide you with any recommended repairs or preventative maintenance that could save your wallet in the future.
4 – Do you offer any guarantee or is there a warranty included?
- Though this is a simple question, it is key to understand what happens after the technician leaves and something happens to your unit. If you are seeking repair or maintenance services, the company should offer a guarantee that your system will remain in working order for a set length of time. If your home requires a new unit to be installed, obtaining a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty will provide you with what is included (or excluded) should something happen to your new unit. Ultimately, your happiness and satisfaction is what matters most. If you are not comfortable with the guarantee or warranty included, we recommend seeking an alternative provider.
Reminder: This is not an all inclusive list, but recommended questions to determine if your contractor is reliable and the best fit for your roofing needs.
If you are seeking a quality HVAC provider for service or a new unit installation, these are key questions you should be sure to ask. As a reminder, it is also important to receive multiple quotes from different companies and asking several questions to ensure your comfort in your own home.
2C’s Cooling & Heating provides quality HVAC services to East Valley, Arizona. We offer over 15 years experience to both residential and commercial customers. Contact our office today at (602) 881-5378 to schedule a custom estimate.
Are seeking a trusted HVAC provider?
About 2C’s Cooling & Heating
2C’s Cooling & Heating proudly serves the East Valley, Arizona with high quality HVAC services. We are here to serve you and all of your cooling and heating needs. Our team is prepared to tackle whatever cooling project you have.