Did you know there are things you can do yourself to lengthen the life of your air conditioning unit? You do not always need a professional to make sure your system runs efficiently and keeps your home cool. Here are 6 ways to lengthen the life of your AC unit.
- Clean Your Vents – By keeping your vents clean and clear of debris, you can ensure your system will work effectively and keep your air clean. You accomplish this by vacuuming the vents to remove any pet hair or dust that has accumulated around the vents. You can also use disposable filters and change them approximately every 30 days to keep your air filtered and clean.
- Heat Producing Appliance Placement – You can further prolong the life of your AC unit by keeping heat producing appliances away from the thermostat. The placement of the thermostat plays a crucial role in the efficiency of your unit. By placing the thermostat away from heat producers, it will be able to properly gauge the temperature.
- Window Coverings – During the hottest parts of the day, it is easy for sunlight to heat your home. To combat the sun’s rays, keep blinds and curtains shut at least when the sun shines directly at the glass. Curtains with thermal liners and solar screens are great for the hottest rooms in your home.
- Program Your Thermostat – Setting your thermostat to specific temperature will keep your AC running efficiently. Fluctuating temperatures can cause your AC unit to run unnecessarily or overwork your system and drive the cost of running your AC up. You might consider increasing the temperature inside your home. By doing so, your AC system will not need to run as much.
- Keep Your Unit Clean – Two specific components to keep clean include the condenser and the coils. By doing so, your AC system will run more efficiently and prolong the life of your AC unit.
- Routine Maintenance – By getting your unit serviced on a regular basis, you can be sure your equipment and systems are up to date with maintenance. You will also have the opportunity to perform any repairs before major problems rise.
There are a lot of ways for you to be sure your AC unit lasts beyond its lifetime. If you feel as though your air conditioning system needs professional attention, 2C’s Cooling & Heating is here for you. Schedule a free estimate by calling our office today!
Does Your HVAC System Need Professional Attention?
About 2C’s Cooling & Heating
2C’s Cooling & Heating proudly serves the East Valley, Arizona with high quality HVAC services. We are here to serve you and all of your cooling and heating needs. Our team is prepared to tackle whatever cooling project you have.